Saturday, February 13, 2010

Delicious Jalapeno Jelly

I love Jalapeno Jelly!! It is simply delicious! I first tried it at my favorite Mexican restaurant and that is where my love affair began. I love jalapeno jelly with Jalapeno Cheese Poppers, I love it with cream cheese and crackers, I love it on quesadillas, I love it with roast beef.......you get the picture. I LOVE IT!! Last Saturday, Leigh and I whipped up a batch and it turned out fabulously. The recipe is listed below for any who wish to dive into this tasty treat.


Jalapeno Jelly Recipe:
14 jalapeno peppers (seeded)
4 sweet red peppers
3 cups of vinegar
10 cups of sugar
2 pouches of pectin
Grind all of the peppers with the vinegar in a food processor or blender. Put in a big pot and bring to a boil. Add sugar. Boil for five minutes and remove from heat. Add pectin. Return to heat and hard boil for 1-2 minutes. Put into hot jars and process for 10 minutes. Makes approximately 8 pints. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I had been buying it...first time at Christmas...didn't think about homemade..YUM. I added rasp. jelly to mine for a little more sweetness over cream cheese...it was sooo good. cherry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...